I am really grateful for the warm and generous response to my book Who Killed Donte Manning? The Story of An American Neighborhood. It’s really a pleasure to hear from so many folks. Several people have asked how they can help spread the word. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Purchase WKDM? through Amazon, where I’ve also got an author’s page. I recommend coming first to my Web site (www.rosemarieberger.com) and clicking on the book cover to get to the Amazon purchase page. That way I’ll get a little kickback on the purchases (and help fund this site).
2. Write reviews of Who Killed Donte Manning? on the Amazon page. This will help generate “buzz” online. Just a sentence or two is all that’s needed.
3. Share the post linked here with your friends on Facebook.
4. Send a short note to your e-mail lists telling them about the book. Here’s one note I received.
“I am chomping at the bit to read this! Congrats.”–Ruby Sales, civil rights leader and founder of SpiritHouse
Include this link as the place where folks can buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1934074403?ie=UTF8&tag=rosemarieberg-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1934074403
5. Who Killed Donte Manning? is really well set-up for a study group (including study guide questions). Consider inviting a group at church or a book group or a neighborhood group to read it together. I’d be glad to answer questions over e-mail or even Skype in for a session.
Send me other ideas on how to get the word out!